Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Shelby at the Dentist...

So after I decided to go on my mission life started happening very fast.
Meetings with the Bishop, working on my papers, Doctor, Dentist and Eye appointments. Mission prep, Temple prep, reading reading more reading and I havent even started shopping for clothes yet! 
Temple Prep is fun. I have a cool teacher that loves to teach us the basics and then have us give the teachings to our other class members. There is one other girl in my class so we are always companions, its nice because she knows her stuff and lets be honest, I need to study a bit more. 
As of right now my papers are almost done, Im waiting on some lab results and getting my picture taken from Yasmin Photography, she is the Editor for Float Away Films and and is amazing!
(http://www.facebook.com/floatawayfilms)
;)
You know how a lot of people dont like the dentist... I am now one of them. As of right now I dont have dental insurance so we went to a new dentist. Not. Fun. First came the teeth cleaning. I think the nurse worked on cars before she became a nurse because she hurt! It was torcher, scratching me teeth like crazy hitting my gums, nightmare. Then after that came the x-rays, the dentist looks at them then checks my teeth and gives me the bad news. 3... 3 cavities. He sugest I take care of two other teeth that look like they are breaking down as well. So I schedule a time with the receptionist when I could come back and do them all. At the same time. Once again, Not. Fun. Before I know Im back in that chair. Dentist pulls out the needle and here we go... Shoots me three time and begins to drill. Tooth one is done before I know it, tooth two took a bit longer, three and four weren't too bad, then came the last tooth the "easy one" as the dentist called it. Started drilling and I started feeling... I'll tell you what my hand has never shot up so fast. Dentist shoots me up again, gives me 5 minutes for it to kick in then startes again. My hand shoots up again. Then he sprays some of that stuff thats SUPOSE to make you numb right on my tooth. "Lets hope that works" He says. I hear the drill and brace myself.... And then I scream! Finally, he fills that syringe up and blocks the entire right side of my face.
 I felt nothing!! :) 
(only the nightmares remain)

No comments:

Post a Comment